Andrzej Wajda: Robmy Zdjecie!
A FILM BY ANDRZEJ WAJDA
ANDRZEJ WAJDA: LET'S SHOOT! is an extraordinary record of a few months of struggle on the set, showing an atmosphere of work and a picture of immense film machinery, and at same time presenting the truest and intimate portrait of the Master of Polish Cinema, the Oscar winner. In 1957 Andrzej Wajda won the Silver Palm in Cannes for his film 'Canal', along with 'Seventh seal' by Ingmar Bergman. We meet him 50 years later, as the author of many important films, such as 'Ashes and Diamonds', 'Man of Marble' or 'Danton', now directing one the most important films in his career, 'Katyń', about the massacre in which thousands of Polish officers, including Wajda's father, were murdered by the Soviets, during World War II - a tragedy left unspoken for decades.
During the shooting of the film, 4 young documentary filmmakers - his former students had a chance to get closer and see how their Master works on his most intimate story. Extraordinary for his sensitivity, immeasurable passion, the feeling of mission and great diligence. But also in moments of tiredness, joy, failures, in conversations with people. Perhaps it is only on the set where one can see what Andrzej Wajda really is like.
Script, directing and photography: Paladino Film Group - Maciej Cuske, Thierry Paladino, Marcin Sauter, Piotr Stasik
Editing: Anna Dymek, Miłosz Hermanowicz
Production: Andrzej Wajda Master School of Film Directing, Poland
Co-production: Telekomunikacja Polska
Supported by: Polish Film Institute
Planete Doc Review, Warsaw, Poland 2009
49. Krakow Film Festival, Poland 2009
5. International Film Festival on European Art Arts & Film, Prague, Czech Republic 2009 - Grand Prix in category "Film Future"
15. "Film Summer" Film and Art Festival, Warsaw, Poland 2009
62. The Locarno International Film Festival, Switzerland 2009 - world premiere
28. Asolo Art Film Festival, Italy 2009
13. Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival, East Silver Market 2009, Czech Republic Giornate del Cinema Europeo 2009, Florence, Italy
21. Polish Film Festival in America, Chicago 2009
17. International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography PLUS CAMERIMAGE, Łódź, Poland 2009
25. Guadalajara International Film Festival, Mexico 2010, official selection into section "Windows & Mirrors"
12. Thessaloniki International Documentary Festival, Greece 2010 -
Official selection screening in Le Cinematheque Française in Paris (21.03.2010)
London International Documentary Festival (LIDF) 2010
New York Polish Film Festival 2010
Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2010
12. Israel Market for International Co-Production, Tel Aviv 2010
24. Pärnu International Documentary and Antropology Film Festival, Estonia 2010