DOCUMENTARY BY AGNIESZKA SMOCZYNSKA
Basia has already settled down in her life. She is a housewife and has a loving family. It seems as though she does not miss anything to be happy. Until a moment when an opera diva moves into an apartment upstairs. Basia is enchanted and seduced with her voice. A peculiar relationship is born between them. It develops into a feeling which is not particularly comfortable for either of the two women.
The film was produced within the frame of “30 minutes” Programme – held by Andrzej Wajda Master School of Film Directing, The Association of Polish Filmmakers, TVP Kultura and Polish Film Institute.
Krakow Film Festival, Poland 2008:
- The Silver Dragon
- The Silver Hobby-Horse
- The Best Editing Prize for Wojciech Jagiełło
THE YOUNG AND THE FILM Festival, Koszalin, Poland 2008
Era New Horizons - The Best Short Fiction; Wrocław, Poland 2008
The Two Riversides Film and Art Festival, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland 2008
Opolskie Lamy Film Festival, Opole, Poland 2009
49. Krakow Film Festival, Poland 2009
Festival D'Angers Premiers Plans, France 2009
Paris International Lesbian and Feminist Film Festival, France 200
94. Batumi International Art House Film Festival, Georgia 2009 - The Prize for The Best Film Director for Agnieszka Smoczyńska in Young Film Makers' Competition
12. International Women's Film Festival, Seoul 2010 - official selection
Festival of European Art and Artistic Schools CIRCLES OF ART, Cieszyn, Poland 2010
Summer Film Capital 2010, Warsaw, Poland
6. Quest Europe International Film Festival, Zielona Góra, Poland 2010
How much do you know about Andrzej Wajda?
Take a quiz for a chance to win All Access Festival Pass for Two and some great prizes from our Official Sponsor
– Zywiec Polish Beer. Click the button for more details.